Wood Burning Masonry Heaters
Barnham, West Sussex
The Old School house was fitted with a Metal wood burning stove in a brick fire surround which was insufficient for the heating requirements of the building and clients chose to install a new Masonry heater.
- The installtion required complete removal of the existing brickwork and alterations to the existing flue for connection to the base of the new heater.
- Carried out over a two week period the works were completed with minimal disruption to the household.
- The client chose to keep the original idea of faced stock brickwork and this was detailed with projecting features and raked joints to give a rustic feel.
- Complete with the optional bake oven this time directly above the main firebox as the heater is built into a corner.
- Air supply is provided through a cast iron door below the main firebox which is shut when not in use.
- A simple extension to the original hearth was carried out using a slab of black granite to finish off the installation.
- The following details show the progression of this installation Barnham Installation.
For more information, contact us.