Wood Burning Masonry Heaters
- The Stone Sun, first installation, after over 18 months of perseverence and commitment to this ancient eco heating product the successful installation of a "Tempcast Masonry Heater" has been completed in November 2010. One of only a small number of masonry heaters in the UK to date
- The Tempcast system from canada / North America has many years of tried and tested installations with many thousands of different installations.
- The clients, David and Christine were passionate about the installation after knowledge of such heaters from Germany, like most of Northern Europe being very popular for hundreds of years.
- The old chalet bungalow they bought in early 2010 came with a horrible old fireplace in the living room of the property which was quickly removed. Over the months of design discussions the majority of walls to the ground floor were removed forming an open plan living space into which the heater was to become the central feature.
- Working with a local building contractor the heater was installed and finished in decorated render incorporating local slate features.
- The existing chimney flue was also relined using the Eldfast ceramic lining system to maintain the optimum flue size necessary for this sort of heater installation.
- David and Christine are extremely pleased with the final outcome of their plans and now have one of the most efficient wood burning stoves in the country which warms their home and allows them to cook a wide variety of food in the Pizza / Bake oven (and even dry they're socks).They are also more than happy to discuss the installation with anyone interested (Testamonial).
- The following details show the progression of this first installation Mevagissey Installation.
For more information, contact us.